Friday, October 21, 2011

First word

He did it. Finally my son after an year and a few weeks old uttered those magical words, soothing to ears, much to everyone's delight. He said 'Da-Da'... I started throwing daggers on all those great poems and poets were they said it will be mama and mama only. I was like 'what?! Did he just say dada? why? I carried you all these days, fed you, put you to sleep, played with you and you said dada?'

Crestfallen indeed I was for the next few days every time he called dada. And that all knowing look on my better half's face, I was completely jealous and silly, why not mama! Poor boy, he heard only 'say mama' while eating, walking, sleeping for the next few weeks. and then one day he uttered amma, mama..and I was like my day has come, I never enjoyed such happiness. The sound was so heavenly

1 comment: