Saturday, November 20, 2010

Foodie

Whenever I go to a restaurant, , the first thing I look for in the menu is Masala dosa, if not chciken fried rice or else the noodles..And if it is a buffet, then I cannot help but hogging. And the funny thing is that even while hogging  I will think, 'one last time, from tomorrow I will go on a diet".  Yet there was a phase in my life when I used to struggle to hide the left overs (and veggies were always there in the leftover list) from my mommy dear without any luck.

I realized the enormous potential of my being a foodie during the days in Chennai. My taste buds were challenged with  mouth watering fancy dishes. Me and my friend used to pamper ourselves with self-treats. Rs. 70/- Masala Dosa from Saravana Bhavan, Bombay meal from Hot chips and Ascendas!! Munching KFC zing-kong box and McD students burger and French Fries..OMG! those were the days. Rain Forest my other fav, their draggon chicken and Kumarakom. Yes I was a spendthrift, but only on food. hi!hi!

After marriage, I started cooking and after the initial failures and struggles, I think now I am mastering the art. Though the above stated line is little exaggerated, a part of it is true. My million thanks to all those cooking blogs and videos posted over the net and I must say my mother-in law and husband taught me a few tricks. And finally I did get my due. It happened so that we went to my sis-in-laws place, there was a small get-together and I got a chance to exhibit my culinary talent and to my surprise and all those who were there, it was a success though I got hints were I could have improved. I made Hyderabadi chicken biriyani and peda. And all were still in one piece after having my food :) I was even praised. I was so happy so happy. Maybe they just said it like that, but it did the trick and made my day..

2 comments:

  1. Good Biryani and Peda..last weekend.. yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i was there to taste your culinary prowess! gud job anyways!

    ReplyDelete