When we were small, we were not allowed to sit in front of the car, Period! And rarely when we did get a chance, we were like Curious George' to see what was going on there and the driver will be on the hot seat like in KBC showered with innocent questions.
And then we did it. It was one evening after school and the pick-up van came to take me, my sis and another girl. After that only will go to get kids from other schools. And that day everything in the universe conspired in favor of us and the third girl was on leave. The driver chettan went to get other kids. Me and my sis pulled slowly the gear trying to mock the driver and waited to see the reaction. OMG! the car started going back at once and yes it hit one auto parked behind (nothing happened but few scratches on the auto) people started rushing, the driver chettan came even faster. We were scared out of our wits and I don't remember, seriously, the rest of the events. Maybe we got a dose from the driver and even bigger from my uncle as we were staying at valliamma's house at that time. But looking back now, I think the hand break was not applied, so technically not our fault..hihi
Then when years later when I started taking driving lessons,the first thing I made clear was 'what was gear and what was hand break' even before the obvious 'what was break, clutch and accelerator'. It was a whole new experience and I was the proudest of all the day when I first drove the car by myself. The H and 8, getting the car on the correct side of the road..hehe was fun. By the way I did manage to get a license.
No comments:
Post a Comment