Monday, January 11, 2010

My ammamma, the noblest.

It's just few hours since i heard the demise of my grandmother whose namesake I bear, Anna. Took some time to sink what papa told to me over the phone. Then I started rewinding my life reel, and several moments were captured there but a still came to my mind where she is carrying 'a baby' me (a year or so) on her youngest son's wedding. Alas, I dont have that pic at the moment to upload it here. I wish I had.

She was very caring, very sweet to all grandchildren and gr8 grandchildren. We children used to love hearing her recitals of how our parents were when they were children, their childhood, how my uncles, aunties and my mummy used to help her, fight. Oh! we will really miss her.

My grandmother is the sweetest, noblest, kindest person I have ever known. A divine, dignified smile always adorned her graceful face, even though wrinkles befriended her much earlier in life. She was a woman of substance, widowed early in her life, struggled hard to bring her six children whom she were very proud and close.  Till the end she was bestowed with love and was surrounded with her dear family.

I am sure that right now she is there sitting quite next to Her God and looking at all of us from heaven and trying to console her dear and near ones from there. Continue praying for us and be our guardian angel. Even though i cant be there for the funeral,I love you. I miss you and will pray for you.

PS: If any of my cousins or relatives read this, if you 've got the still where ammamma is carrrying me on kunjachan's wedding. Send it to me.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed our Ammamma was a gr8 person. Jasmin, Anna(Jency) and me enjoyed her special care and love. She had always something special for. She took care of us as we were her own children.

    I am pretty sure right now she is sitting next to God and I pray to God to listen her prayers. Because I belive even in Heaven she will continue praying the rosary for each one of us.

    There are so many thing to write aboout her but i am struggling to find the write words.

    I Love you .You will always a part of me as long as I breath.

    ReplyDelete