My pqrS freind once asked the five letter word given the clue,O---T. But being a tubelight and was working , i said 'I pass'. No need to spell it, but for those who can be a tubelight like me, the answer is yes, ORKUT, ta-dang! Every time you open your mailbox, yours will be filled with or filling up quickly with Orkut invitations and confirmations, scrap notifications and to add to it invitations from other networking sites.
When I got the invitation to join orkut for the first time, I found it strange, kept the invitation in inbox for weeks. Was it spam? Then one day I created an account, kept a low profile in the beginning watching out the ongoing traffic. Then it slowly picked up. The girl who slept at the bang of 9, started sitting late nights waiting for the dial up connection's mercy. Scraps, communities, more scraps, cravings for nice testimonials, still skeptical about uploading photos. I can' tell the pride, content and happiness I enjoyed while crossing the 1000th scrap milestone. Then came 2000th and 3000th. But by that time the trend in our college was to make it back to 0th scrap and start. Was literally shattered to part with my precious scraps. But i had to delete to keep up with the market trends. Agian rapidly increasing the scraps by tricks like splitting the lines, even "Hoa are you?" to three scraps!!
2-3 years went and now creating albums became the trend, hmmmm..this time I was out of the game, putting photos! that too on net where every day a new foul story takes birth..was out of question. Weeks and months went by, even girls started creating albums and one day I scanned my childhood pics and uploaded it, got wonderful comments, now daily checklist included comments also.
It's almost 5 years now, Orkut is like an acquired taste. At first not even bothered to check, then once a day, twice a day check, then it almost became on hourly basis, and current state, I am always logged onto orkut, checking others profile, pics, updating my profiles, writing testimonials in hope of receiving one! Hooked like a fish on a bait!!
And then few days back orkut turned into a villain or rather a kabab in life. Hmmmm!! I even started to skip food. Then I thought, enough is enough! bahut hogaya and I sat back there thinking and then my mind slowly and calmly whispered, Delete your orkut account .
And I pressed the delete button.
The end.
Epilogue
Trying hard to digest the fact that i do not have an account anymore and all my flattering, feel good testimonials, all "you are looking pretty" photo comments are gone for ever. Already attempted to create new account twice, but resisting hard to not atleast for few weeks( yup, thats my inner resolution, hehe!) and the Good thing about it is now am doing other stuffs like blogging, more interested in cooking and above all seeing my new interests my otherwise busy at work husband is calling me twice from office just like that. ;)
WHATTT... U deleted UR Orkut account? Its a crime... its like removing one leg... Well now u can creat a new account on Facebook, which is by far much better than Orkut and u can protect ur account much better. I hope to meet you soon on Facebook.
ReplyDeletewho said "u r luking pretty"....wat a big lie!!!!any proof???????????hehee....
ReplyDeleteI got many comments like that..i dont veto give any proofs. venenkil viswasichal madi..sadanam!
ReplyDelete