Thursday, March 18, 2010

99 and not out!

Its now kind of a ritual at our place to get 10 DVDs every week from library whether you are going to watch it or not. And as of the number 10, hey it was once upon a time my fav. soccer player's jersey number..Ronaldo! Football and me...When I tried to pull the earliest strand out of my memory, otherwise stuffed with altoo-faltoo things, it stopped in the year 1994. Now dont stare at the screen. Once in every four years I brush up those teams, names, terms like penalty shoot out, free kicks...I watched my first world cup in 94, we just had 1 channel..DD1, and also my cousin brother who was staying at our place was an ardent football fan, so didn't have much options other than to join. And since Brazil won that year, they are my fav. team and Ronaldo is my fav player. Bingo!! No rocket Science..Sorry, I have made enough detour that most of you are in a mood to navigate away from this page, Dont. As of 10 DVDs, its the max. limit you can take from  the library..

And the no. 99.. well my memory goes back to another..No No dont worry, I wont drag..I was bestowed with the title "exaggerating queen" by my dear freinds once. They used to say whatever she say, just divide it by 3 or 4 for fun.

99 is an offbeat hindi movie. I was little skeptical about the movie initially. First we started to watch it online..then thought, not worth watching..the other day some freinds came to our place and  again we all set to watch the same as we read some nice online reviews.. Then also we left it in the middle. Finally yestrday as we were done with the other DVDs, we again gave it a shot. But this time...Donno what made the difference...Its a hilarious movie..awesome what else can I say..First half might make you think there is nothing gr8 about the movie, but from there it takes you to a gr8 gripping ride. The movie is fun..Cricket (today's national game of India), gambling, betting,small-time crooks, local thugs, a mumbai don. Its a pleasure to watch every second..Thumbs up to the makers of this film. You should see it if you get a chance. The whole movie is like "you are one run away from your century".  And some dialogue is there saying the same..

No comments:

Post a Comment